12.04.2008

IPA stove...


No... not India Pale Ale (sorry Funk)... Isopropyl Alcohol.

That's what Kimbo and I have decided to take for our trip. That along with some Orikaso bowls, bamboo sporks, and a nissan JMW-500 thermos (f0r Kimbo's coffee...), we've got a light kitchen.

Yup... a pepsi can stove (link to wiki)... here's a few reasons why:
  1. Used stoves are prohibed on flights.... and I don't want to deal
  2. the pepsi can stove is lighter
  3. cheaper
  4. and you can find IPA (...aka as methylated spirits) fairly easily... and is cheap.
Where can I find it? Check this out....(doesn't have new zealand... so maybe I'll contribute when I get there...)

There are tons of links online teaching you how to make one... next time you got 3 hours to kill... do it... it's awesome.

No comments: