11.10.2008

Kiting at OB - Wave Riding...


Kited Ocean Beach for the first time.
Jumped in the water at OB for the first time.
Rode my kite in waves for the first time.

Here's what I learned:
  • Kiting in waves is SCARY...
  • ...but really, really FUN and addictive
  • I need about 25 more sessions out there, before I'd feel comfy.
Had a fun session on my 2004 Cabrinha 8.5 m... which I need to replace with a newer kite... the winds died after about an hour, but that was about all I could take anyway. Earlier I had driven down to 3rd, which shut down as I got there... frustrated, I came home, went on a run to OB, and there were tons of kiters. Ran back, grabbed the gear, and kited... my quads are sore...

None of these pics are of me, but of other kiters. Met a few nice kiters out there, but don't know who these kites belong to...


Lots of foam... wuz up wit dat?


Makes for some cool pics though...


Also, I got to use my O'Neil Thermo Hooded vest that I purchased from Kite Wind Surf... which rocks for colder waters... used it under my 4/3 and was never cold. Ear plugs might help though.

Ben Wilson's Basic Wave Kiting Info
http://www.kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2350557
http://www.seabreeze.com.au/Articles/Kitesurfing/Summary.aspx

more pics here.

No comments: