10.03.2009

Annapurna Circuit... preface

I'm at an internet cafe in the middle of no where... seriously... they had to mule these computers in for 4 days to get here, but here we are typing away. At one end of the town folks are cooking dal baht on an open fire... not even an improved stove... and the other end I'm at an internet cafe. Crazy place.

Oh yes, we're doing great... just got out of a hot spring next to a class 5 rapid backed by the Annapurnas... we haven't seen THE Annapurna (the 10th highest peak in the world) yet, but I think tomorrow... still the 7000+ meter peaks surrounding us are pretty impressive. You feel very small here indeed.

OK, given that there is an internet connection here, I'm sure I'll be able to get back on in a few days when we get to the provincial capital where we'll spend 2 nights to acclimatize before we go over the 17,500+ ft pass, Throng La.

1 comment:

none said...

When are you flying back to BKK? I'd like explore Thailand with you guys, just need to know what date to get the ticket for. See you soon! -Jasper