10.01.2008

MOuntain Biking NOrthSTAR... (MOB NOSTAR)

Northstar Resort in Tahoe has the best downhill mtn. biking terrain that I've seen. Fo' Shizzle.

At 39$ a day, it's not bad... depending on the number of rides you can manage. They got 2 highspeed lifts and a gondola that doesn't slow the lifts down at all. Mtn Biking downhill is actually pretty tiring. I'm still sore. 3 days later. And not where I crashed... but my arms, and my core.


Check out the trail map. Nick on some of the many, many features at the resort... first a short log-ride




...getting some air


...getting bigger air (this I didn't do... the rest I managed on my hardtail)


...log ride


...log drop


...wall ride


And there are many, many built up jumps, singles, doubles, table tops throughout every trail in the park.



Although we all crashed many times, we had a blast. Actually Chris banged up his knee pretty bad... I got the wind knocked out of me, and Nick had 3 flats... I'm gonna rent a full suspension next time.



Also a good idea would be to get a full helmet, body armour, knee and shin pads. That's a lot of gear...

No comments: