9.25.2008

Bike Around Bay

I've been thinking about this for a while now...

There are a few hills, but it's mostly flat. SF and Marin are flat. The E. bay will have some challenging hills, and so will the peninsula. I did the Northern Section about a year ago... and man was I tired... So... doing this in a day will take a little training I suppose... or a higher pain tolerance... Anyone wanna do it with me? It may take 2 days...

Let's assume 15 mph... riding with a 30 min break every 3 hours... Would be about 10 hours 40 min of riding... with 3 breaks totaling 90 min. So it'd take at least 13 hours. Probably more like 15 or 16.

Currently there is 12 hours of day light... hmm...

Northern Section (approx 80 miles)

View Larger Map

South Section (approx 80 miles)


View Larger Map

2 comments:

Ksenya said...

we do a variation of your peninsula route on the way to work... abt 50 miles from sf to mtn view.... is your purpose to ride around the bay or to do a challenging ride around the bay? cos there is a way down to mtn view that is 40 miles and very flat. takes less than 3 hrs (versus the 4 hrs on the skyline-incorporating route). i think i have a route for berkeley to mtv also (never tried myself)

snowymonk said...

Ah yes... that'd probably help. I haven't really looked into the southern section as I haven't seriously considered it yet... but I'll hit you up for the routes when I do.